One of my newest, favorite recipes! So simple, so delicious. Great for a pot luck party.
1 box Duncan Hines Golden Yellow Cake Mix
1 large can crushed pineapples
1 cup Sugar
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1 small can of coconut (I used have a bag)
8 oz tub of Cool Whip
1/2 cup pecans, broken into small pieces (optional, but highly recommend)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; bake in a 13x9x2 in pan
- While cake is baking, simmer pineapples with juice and sugar.
- When the cake is done, cool 5 to 10 minutes. With a toothpick, poke holes in the top of the cake
- Pour pineapple mixture over the top of the cake; let this sit while you do the next step
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions. When done, add coconut to pudding and stir and stir to mix in completely
- Spread the pudding mixtures over the top of the pineapple mixture
- Sprinkle pecans over the top of the pudding mixture
- Put the cake in the fridge and let it cool for 2 – 3 hours (I was too excited and didn’t do this part)
- Once cool and ready to serve, spread the cool whip over the top (you will see that mine melted; it was worth it).